I’m Nissa, the girl behind the blog. I was born and raised in sunny (and always rainy) Philippines. On April 30, 2016, I welcomed Of Pens and Pages, a wonderful little blog focused on all things romance. I love animals (big and small), books (clean and dirty), food, and roller coasters.
When my nose isn’t buried in a book, I travel, restaurant/cafe hop, and try to make progress on my WIP. If you meet me in person, please don’t think I don’t like you/I’m a snob if I don’t speak that much. I am awkward around strangers and take a while to warm up to them. I’m probably flailing excitedly inside my head or worrying too much that you won’t like me.
If I were to choose only one book to read for the rest of my life, it would be Pride and Prejudice.
One day, I would like to publish and share my stories with you.
Current Top 5 Books
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- Act Like It by Lucy Parker
- Managed by Kristen Callihan
- Royally Matched by Emma Chase
Top 5 tropes
- Hate to Love
- Slow Burn
- Second Chance
- Single Father
Top 3 book pet peeves
- Too Taboo (Incest is a hard no for me)
- Romanticizing toxic relationships